Monday, March 11, 2013

First Day Fun!

We were already having fun and getting to know each other with the help of our Israeli emissary and teen mission counselor Ben Yael. Who could imagine we could have even better times after a tiring 11  hour flight to Israel. The excitement on the plane was powerful as the Tel Aviv coastline came into view. Our tour guide Jeremy talked us up to Jerusalem where we experienced the Tower of David and some interactive games on the grass behind the King David Hotel. What a full first day!  Here are a few reflections from our teens on our amazing beginning!


Coming into Israel was such an amazing experience for me. It was my first time and I couldn't have been more excited. The best moment was when we were first able to see the sea meeting with the country itself. I am so excited to spend the next week with all these amazing people and in this beautiful country. I couldn't have asked for a better start to the break.
-Rachel 

Although the plane ride was a bit long, it was completely worth it to come to Israel.  The best moment was standing on the Tower of David and seeing the old city 

I knew I was In Israel when we landed and were getting off the plane I saw a giant group of Orthodox Jews huddled. I felt at home. -Leah 


No comments:

Post a Comment